The Parish Council have prepared the plan with the help of local residents, businesses and interest groups. A draft was prepared in February 2014 for consultation locally and with statutory bodies. When fully approved, it will take the place of many North Somerset Council planning policies which cover Long Ashton Parish. It will contain policies to:-
· protect areas of Local Green Space from development
· protect the open countryside between Long Ashton and Bristol
· protect and improve recreation and community facilities
· support the shops, services and businesses within the village
· reduce traffic speeds through the village and make it a more pedestrian friendly environment.