From its humble beginnings as a four-page black and white newsletter to the current award-winning magazine full of colour photos, the bi-monthly Camcycle publication has been a key campaigning tool over the last 23 years and 140 issues.
To continue and build on this success, the magazine will be changing to a quarterly publication from December 2018 and published seasonally in Spring (March), Summer (June), Autumn (September) and Winter (December). The format will expand in terms of the number of pages so that, overall, there is no loss of coverage. Additional email newsletter and local campaign newssheets will be produced where additional, time-critical communications are needed.
The aims of the new magazine are to:
– Continue to provide an update to our members and supporters on Camcycle's recent work and campaigns
– Continue to cover all aspects of cycling from planning application to personal stories and build on this foundation to make sure we are giving a voice to people of all ages and backgrounds
– Continue to strike the balance between a professional-looking magazine with a grassroots feel
– Proactively set the agenda for decision-makers, clearly communicating our vision through in-depth features on aspects of our policy and manifesto
– Develop and showcase our work with local partners including businesses and organisations who support our charity's aims and/or provide examples of best practice in working for more, better and safer cycling in and around Cambridge
– Drive forward bold and successful campaigns for cycling, providing all who read the magazine with clear calls to action so that they can get involved and amplify our voice
– Provide rewarding and sustainable roles to volunteers; attracting new members to the team and recognising long-term contributors.
– Appeal to non-members of Camcycle and even non-cyclists; taking them on the journey from awareness to action. Join. Donate. Volunteer. Share our vision. Support our work and help create a vibrant and people-friendly city.